jeff beck’s finger insured for 1 mil
today on air with kenny jones – the gang learned that guitar hero, jeff beck has fingers that are worth a cool one million…EACH!
mr. beck realized the value of his digits after slicing off the tip of his index finger chopping carrots. i’m not sure what is more unbelievable about this story – jeff beck chopped his finger off slicing carrots or jeff beck actually slices carrots?
either way, he’s down a philangi – not really, doctors were able to re-attach the severed finger tip. but with the new album in the works, layin’ down those smooth riffs ain’t gonna be so easy.
so now he’s upped his insurance from 1 million (usd) per hand to one million usd per finger! jeffrey – this album better be really really good!
the on air contingent was quick to tell the crew what body part they would insure. have a listen…
our research found that there are/were loads of celebs that have insurance on their “money makers”. Check out this long and distiguished list of celebrities past and present…
insured celebrity bodyparts
- David Beckham – His legs are insured for $70 million.
- Dolly Parton – Insured her breasts for $600,000.
- Fred Astaire -Insured his legs for $150,000 – that’s $75,000 each.
- Bette Davis – Her waistline was insured for $28,000 – a tidy sum back in the day.
- Jamie Lee Curtis – Insured her legs for $2 million.
- Rod Stewart – His voice is insured for $6 million.
- Bruce Springsteen – His voice is insured for $6 million.
- Angie Dickinson – Insured her legs for $1 million.
- America Ferrer – Insured her smile for $10 million.
- Mariah Carey – Insured her legs for a billion. That’s a lot of bendy straws. I’m surprised though, that she insured her legs and not her voice.
- Keith Richards – Insured his hands for $2 million.
- Rhianna – Insured her legs for $1 million.
- Tom Jones – His chest hair is insured for $7 million. Ok now that’s just sick.
- Jimmy Durante – Insured his nose for $50,000.
- Michael Flatley – Insured his dancing feet for $39 million.
- Heidi Klum – Her legs are insured for $2.2 million.
- Tina Turner – Her legs are insured for $3.2 million.
- Ken Dodd – His teeth are insured for $7.4 million.
- Betty Grable – Insured her legs for $1 million.
- Marlene Dietrich – Took out a $1 million policy in case she lost her voice.
- David Lee Roth – Took out a million dollar policy against his sperm. No. Really. The insurance was just in case Roth fathered a child and a paternity suit ensured.
- Mary Hart – Insured her legs for $1 million.
- Merv Hughes – A cricket player with a long trademark mustache, he had his whiskers insured for $317,000.
- Egon Ronay – The world-renown food critic insured his taste buds for $400,000.
- Brooke Shields – Her legs are insured for an undisclosed amount.
it’s official – i’m getting my my vocal cords insured for $3.17 usd…cuz that’s about all they’re worth.
catch on air with kenny jones – weekdays from 7-11am exclusively on radio indigo 91-9.